Wynn caught up with Fredrik Holmström to talk about IronJS, F#, and open source in .NET.
Catch up with us at:
- Lone Star Ruby Conference V is now accepting proposals for talks. Have you submitted?
- RubyConf Argentina Save the date, Nov 8-9 in Buenos Aires
Items mentioned in the show:
- Fredrik Holmström, creator of IronJS
- F# is a succinct, expressive and efficient functional and object-oriented language for .NET which helps you write simple code to solve complex problems.
- “This JScript thing”
- Mono is an open source, cross-platform, implementation of C# and the CLR that is binary compatible with Microsoft.NET.
- IronJS continues in the tradition of IronPython and IronRuby
- IronJS implements EcmaScript 3 but is working towards EcmaScript 5 support
- Miguel de Icaza created Mono.
- Nuget is a free, open source developer focused package management system for .NET.
- Codeplex seems to be the place to find .NET open source
- GitHub is hosting more and more .NET projects
- C# and .NET are hard to Google
- Kayak is an asynchronous HTTP server written in C#
- Zed Shaw, featured on Episode 0.3.4
- Don Syme, architect behind F#
- “John” Gietzen has contributed to IronJS.
- Follow @IronJS on Twitter for updates.
Google street view - The icon changes to a skier when viewing a piste. Try picking it up as well.
“You can’t kill the messiah.”
Global Defense Initiative, Command and Conquer 3 (2007) via Neal Menkus
Mapping breaking news: We’ve just added a map on BreakingNews.com that pinpoints the locations of the latest breaking news stories around the globe. Just click “map” in the main navigation and it will reveal on the home page. This is our first step into mapping the news as it happens, and there’s a lot more we could do with it. Ideas? Let us know in comments below…
The Transported Man
Timothy W. Jahn
How to: get a non-creepy massage, survive piranha-infested waters, and keep your puppy from peeing on the floor. Plus: another round of Free Blythe, when Blythe tells you how to get free movie tickets, and Ask A Jeopardy Champion with the great Ken Jennings.